Cauliflower Crust Pizza
I’ll admit that I have been craving pizza lately. This Cauliflower Crust Pizza was an amazing replacement for the pizza dough. I love how the cauliflower picked up the flavor the herbs. It satisfied my cravings for the pizza. The next time we make this I am going to try flipping the dough during the baking process to get the bottom a bit crisper. The crust even held up as a leftover meal! I was impressed by this Cauliflower Crust Pizza.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (2 lbs of florets)
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tbs thyme
- 2 tbs tarragon
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs pepper
- 2 tbs oregano
- 3 whole eggs beaten
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces of tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8-10 slices of pepperoni
- 3 slices of prosciutto torn apart
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a food processor puree the cauliflower in small batches adding herbs to each batch. The puree will have the consistency of cauliflower rice. Mix the coconut flour in by hand.
- Place the pureed cauliflower mixture into a cheesecloth or clean dishtowel over a large bowl and squeeze the excess water from the cauliflower.
Let the cauliflower sit in the cheesecloth or dish towel for about 5 minutes, squeezing out any further water.
- Discard the cauliflower liquid. This should resemble a firm puree or ball of dough.
- Combine the beaten eggs, dough and cheese into the large bowl and hand mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the “dough” into either one large pizza shape or 2 small pizza rounds on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Avoid spreading the “dough” too thin as the moisture will cause it the crack and pull away from rest of the dough, I like leaving mine about ½ inch thick.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown and firm to touch. I didn’t try this but will next time I make this crust I will attempt to delicately flip it using the second piece of parchment paper; this will hopefully make the dough crispier on the bottom.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
- We used tomato sauce, pepperoni, prosciutto, shredded mozzarella, sliced mozzarella, quartered cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Yeah, we like a cheesy pizza.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees or until everything on the top has warmed and melted.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.