Friday Feast - Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Peach Salsa
Paleo - Chicken Fajitas with Peach Salsa
This was a simple Paleo meal that I cooked up in about 30 minutes. It really was delicious and easy my 19 month old toddler loved this one too! When making this one I suggest making the Salsa first because it really does need that 30 minutes to marinate and really bring out some great flavors! The fajitas only took about 20 minutes from prep to table. You can also look at adding other "Mexican" spices to this mix and really bring out some great flavors. Such as Paprika and Cayenne pepper. Hope you all enjoy!
Paleo Chicken Fajitas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 11⁄2 lb chicken cutlets, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 heads Butter Leaf lettuce
- 4 large peaches, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeño
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine peaches, cilantro, lime-juice, jalapeño, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss and let stand 30 minutes before serving with fajitas.
- Heat 11⁄2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan, and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan; add bell pepper, onion and garlic. Sauté 6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until bell pepper is tender.
- Return chicken to pan, and season with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Toss until thoroughly heated.
- Separate lettuce leaves from core; top evenly with chicken mixture
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.