Friday Feast - Paleo Meal Lemon Cod with Crispy Curry Carrot Strips
A quick and easy paleo meal, Lemon Cod with Crispy Curry Carrot Strips. A simple, straightforward meal that is really delicious! Use any herbs that go great with fish like parsley, thyme, or basil. This one makes a great paleo weeknight meal.
- (4) 6 oz. cod
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 medium to large carrots, peeled
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 3 to 4 tsp. curry powder
- 3 Tbs. butter slightly softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 4 large squares of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Rub each square with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place one fillet in each piece of foil.
- Lay lemon slices down the length of each, top each with garlic and chives.
- Seal each fillet tightly in foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Grease a large baking dish with butter.
- Peel carrots into thin strips as uniformly as possible. (Save the portion you can no longer peel for another use).
- In a large bowl toss carrot strips with olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Lay strips on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until strips, 'chips', start to brown. Remove from oven, cool on wire rack about 3 minutes until chips are crisp.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.