Paleo Peach Barbecue Short Ribs
This was absolutely delicious! I love short ribs but they are best when cooked low and slow. I normally smoke them for about 3-4 hours at 190-200 with a great dry rub. But it has been so cold here in Dallas this winter that there is no way I am going to go out and fire up the smoker. Like I said, I was really craving a good short rib. So I found a recipe from Abel James where he braised the short ribs in the slow cooker with a paleo peach barbecue sauce. So I thought I could take that up a notch and throw that together from scratch. Like I said this was absolutely fabulous, the peach really came through from the sauce. The only problem is that there weren’t any leftovers.
- 3 lbs Beef short ribs
- 1 Orange Peeled and halved
- ½ Onion, Diced
- 1-tablespoon ghee
- Salt and pepper
Paleo Barbecue Sauce
- 1/3 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Peaches Diced and pitted
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tbs butter or ghee
- ¼ cup Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs mustard powder
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 12 oz water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Paleo Peach Barbecue Sauce: Make the Sauce ahead:
- In a pot or large saucepan melt the butter and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Then put the Tomato paste, water, cider, honey, and peach to the pot over med-low temperature and simmer.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the pot stirring occasionally.
- After the sauce cool down, purée in the sauce in your food processor (it really makes it much smoother).
- If you like spicy you can add cayenne or chipotle at any time.
- Melt the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and sear the ribs on all sides to lock in flavor. Set aside.
- In the same pan lightly sauté the onions then line the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the ribs and orange (squeezing out some juice) on top of the onion in the slow cooker and pour the peach barbecue sauce over.
- Cook on low for 7-10 hours.
- Enjoy the fall off the bone greatness of these Paleo Peach Barbecue Short Ribs
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.