Special Edition - Holiday Paleo Toffee
I don't often post or make dessert dishes and I always leave them up to Erin. This was an amazing holiday treat that Erin whipped up last night. This Paleo Toffee was absolutely amazing.
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces (chocolate chips or chopped bars)
- 3 oz. square unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. butter or palm shortening
- Have your vanilla and almond butter measured and ready to go on the side
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with either parchment paper or a Slat
- Mix and heat the coconut sugar, coconut, nectar, and water in a small saucepan over medium/medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Bring it to a boil, and continue to boil and stir until it reaches 285 degrees.
- Remove from the heat and immediately mix in the almond butter and vanilla
- Spread the mixture in your baking pan. covering the bottom of the pan.
- Cool completely for about 2 or 3 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and butter/palm shortening over low heat.
- Once melted, pour over the cooled toffee.
- Let it set for about an hour, and then refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Once chilled, break apart the toffee to eat.
Hope you enjoy this special holiday edition of my Friday Feast. Hope you have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.